The Indian Retail sector has come off age and has gone through major transformation over the last
decade with a noticeable shift towards organized retailing. The retail market is expected to reach a
whooping Rs. 47 lakh crore by 2016-17, as it expands at a compounded annual growth rate of 15 per
cent, accordingly to the 'Yes Bank - Assocham' study.
The retail market, (including organized and unorganized retail), was at Rs. 23 lakh crore in 2011-12.
According to the study, organized retail, that comprised just seven per cent of the overall retail
market in 2011-12, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 24 per cent and attain 10.2 per cent share of
the total retail sector by 2016-17.
The growing retail industry has a dearth of professional talent in retail management. Certificate in
Retail Management is a program that is designed to create talent to meet the current and future
needs of the Retail Industry.
Certificate Program in Retail Management
CPRM is 6 months Autonomous program ( 4 months Basic Retail Management + 2 months
Specialization in :
Growing at an average rate of 7% per annum, the fashion and apparel industry is of the fastest
growing economies in the market. This steady rise in the trade has seen an increase in the need for
knowledgeable candidates who not only have an in-depth understanding of fashion but can also
forecast and manage the needs of a business establishment.
The program gives insight into the principles of fashion marketing, retail buying and merchandising
and an overview of the concept of visual merchandising and lays emphasis on customer relationship
management, and sales management. The fashion retail manager is a key figure in the distribution
chain and is ultimately responsible for managing the logistics of distributing the product.
Retail/FMCG Sector is the most booming sector in the Indian economy and is expected to reach US$
175-200 billion by 2016. With this rapid expansion and coming up of major players in the sector, the
need of human resource development has increased. Lack of skilled workers is the major factor that
is holding back the retail sector for high growth. The sector is facing the severe shortage of trained
manpower. Also, the current education system is not sufficiently prepared to address the new
processes, according the industry majors.
The luxury Industry is one of the most dynamic, challenging and rapidly growing sectors in the world.
A large number of global luxury brands such as Burberry, Louis Vuitton, Tod's, and Gucci entered
India around the turn of the century. Brands such as Hermes, Christian Louboutin, Missoni, Emilio
Pucci, and Roberto Cavalli have also expanded their retail operations to India recently after realizing
India's immense potential. Driven by the brand-conscious youth, the luxury market in India is likely
to grow at over 20 per cent every year and is estimated to be US $ 15.00 billion by 2015.
The program has a higher emphasis on professional practice within a global
context where individuals experience an industry focused curriculum,
live projects with some of the leading luxury brands in the country.
The Indian auto industry is one of the largest in the world with an annual production of 21.48 million
vehicles in FY 2013-14.The automobile industry accounts for 22 per cent of the country's
manufacturing gross domestic product (GDP).
Retail Automotive Management provides a progressive route to meet the needs of Dealer Principals,
Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders. The program revolves around real workplace issues, and
learning is put into practice with work-based projects that improve business performance whilst
gaining qualifications that can help individuals to further their career.
- Introduction to Retail Management
- Effective Communication
- Retail Shoppers’ Behaviour
- Retail Information System & CRM
- Customer Service & Selling Skills
Advanced Block- I
- Retail Planning & Legal Issues
- Retail Sales Techniques & Promotion
- Store Location, Design & Visual Merchandising
- Warehousing & supply Chain Management
- Store Operation & Management
- International Retailing
Advanced Block-II (Option to Select any one specialization from Advance Block II)
1. Fashion Retail Management
2. FMCG Retail Management
3. Luxury Retail Management
4. Automobile Retail Management
Fashion Retail Management
- Power of Fashion Retail Brands and Brand Analytical tools
- Fashion Retail Management – Distribution Strategy
- Fashion Retail Management - Consumer Behaviour
- Fashion Retail Management - Communication
FMCG Retail Management
- Power of FMCG Retail Brands and Brand Analytical tools
- FMCG Retail Management - Distribution Strategy
- FMCG Retail Management - Consumer Behaviour
- FMCG Retail Management - Communication
Luxury Retail Management
- Power of Luxury Bands and Brand Analytical tools
- Luxury Retail - Distribution Strategy
- Luxury Retail- Consumer Behaviour
- Luxury Retail- Communication
Automobile Retail Management
- Power of Automobile Retail Brands and Brand Analytical tools
- Automobile Retail Management - Distribution Strategy
- Automobile Retail Management - Consumer Behaviour
- Automobile Retail Management - Communication
Who should attend this Program
Aspirant who would like to be become retail professionals at supervisory levels and those who own or manage a retail business.
Eligibility: 12th pass out / Graduate /Working professional
Scope after Completion of Program
- Customer Relationship Executive /Customer Relationship Manager
- Assistant Store Managers /Store Manager
- Visual Merchandisers
- Retail Manager / Associate Retail Executive
- Fashion Sales Advisor / Retail Marketing Executives/ Store Manager
- FMCG Sales Advisor / Retail Marketing Executives/ Store Manager
- Luxury Sales Advisor / Retail Marketing Executives/ Store Manager
- Automobile Sales Advisor / Retail Marketing Executives / Store Manager
Back End Profiles: Retail Merchandiser, Logistics Executive /Manager, Supply Chain Executive /Manager, Wardrobe Executive /Manager, Luxury Consultant, Fashion Buyer etc.